5 REASONS TO HIKE WITH TRENKTURAS
1. THE ALL INCLUSIVE VIEW ON HIKES
Comfort and safety of the participants is our main priority, thus we carefully plan each and every minute of our events. The Coastline Trek participant registration includes:
- Participant starter pack. Each participant is given a control bracelet, a map and a participant pass, which will be marked at all the rest and assistance stops.
- Rest and assistance stops. Participant rest areas are set up each 3-6 kilometres along the routes.
- Water. Still bottled water at most rest and assistance stops.
- Tea. Hot tea will be served at most help and assistance stops.
- Catering. Snacks will energise the participants of all routes, while the hikers of longer routes will also be served hot meals. A vegan option will be available.
- First medical assistance. First aid kits will be available at each and every rest and assistance stop. Moreover, standby hike medics will consult you in case of uncertainty and if anything were to happen, ambulances will be remain on standby throughout the event to help you with more serious traumas.
- Transportation. Participants, who have decided to cut their hike short, will be brought back to the starting area by special transportation.
- Participant finish pack. This includes nominal diplomas, medals and partner gifts for everyone, who has completed their chosen route.
2. REST AND ASSISTANCE STOPS FOR PARTICIPANTS
During every hike, there are around 250 people taking care of the setting up, the service and the entertainment at the rest and assistance stops. The stops, located every 3-6 kilometres along the route, are engulfed in music, will provide you with a cup of hot tea, water, snacks and for the participants of longer routes – hot food. All of this contributes to the creation of a relaxing and full of great energy environment throughout the hike. Staff are always on standby and ready to answer any questions that you might have at every rest and assistance stop across all routes.
3. HIKING WITH A TEAM
We encourage our participants to gather their teams and hike together. Larger teams of friends or colleagues can register to the Team Credit challenge, while the coolest teachers and the most amazing classes – to the School league. Three teams from each category with the largest amount of kilometres walked will be awarded.
4. THE FESTIVE SPIRIT
Our events are enjoyed by many due to the festive atmosphere throughout the event.Everything begins at the start area, where the sound of music and thousands of buzzing people with one goal in their mind – to complete the chosen challenge. The journey towards the goal resembles an orienteering game: participants hike the breathtaking scenery routes from one rest and assistance stop to the next with the help of given maps and route markings. The journey continues after receiving a unique marking on the participant pass on every rest and assistance stop on your chosen route. Participants, who have successfully completed the route and gathered all markings on their participant pass are awarded with nominal diplomas and medals.
5. OVERCOMING THE CHALLENGE
Our aim is to help all our participants find their limit and move past it, which is why a lot of careful planning goes into choosing and planning of each route. Depending on the persons’ possibilities and physical activity, we offer 5 different length routes. These routes are tailored to be accessible to all members of the family, including your pets as well. Participants are also given the ability to start the hike together and walk a certain distance with friends or family, regardless of the chosen route. While trekking, participants are guided by maps with detailed information on the working times and services of the rest and assistance points. It is also important to note, that the marking of the routes clearly both in the daytime and nighttime, making the chances of getting lost minimal!